A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain)
A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain) (Paperback) Book Details:
|Book Title:||A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain)|
|Author:||Kishlansky, Mark A|
Buy now Kishlansky, Mark A A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain) book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain) Book Information:
th century, writes Mark Kishlansky, was a wheel of transformation in perpetual motion, a period of political and religious upheaval that defined the nation for decades to come and remains critical for understanding the nation today. Beginning with the accession of James I and concluding with the death of Queen Anne, this compelling account describes the tempestuous events that took place during the Stuart dynasty and provides lively pen portraits of the many fascinating personalities involved. Conspiracies, rebellions, and revolutions jostle side by side with court intrigues, political infighting and the rise of parties. In 1603 Britain was an isolated archipelago; by 1714 it had emerged among the intellectual, commercial, and military centers of the world. Kishlanskys century saw one king executed, another exiled, the House of Lords abolished, and the Church of England reconstructed along Presbyterian lines . . . A masterly narrative, shot through with the shrewdness that comes from profound scholarship.Jonathan Clark, Spectator A historian with a real love for the period, a real understanding of many different aspects of it, and an exhilarating style.Ronald Hutton, The Times Literary Supplement This sweeping, dramatic chronicle of a century of Stuart rule will rivet even the general reader with no particular interest in British history.Publishers Weekly
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain) Published On :
- A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain) Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain) book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- A Monarchy Transformed: Britain 1603-1714: 0006 (Hist of Britain) by Kishlansky, Mark A Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Higher Education Textbooks
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Higher Education Textbooks, Social Sciences Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles