Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review
Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Book Title:||Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review|
Buy now Ian Sims Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review Book Information:
gate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review is unique in providing authoritative and up to date expert information on the causes and effects of Alkali-Aggregate Reaction (AAR) in concrete structures worldwide. In 1992 a first edition entitled The Alkali-Silica Reaction in Concrete, edited by Professor Narayan Swamy, was published in a first attempt to cover this concrete problem from a global perspective, but the coverage was incomplete. This completely new edition offers a fully updated and more universal coverage of the world situation concerning AAR and includes a wealth of new evidence and research information that has accumulated in the intervening years. Although there are various textbooks offering readers sections that deal with AAR deterioration and damage to concrete, no other single book brings together the views of recognised international experts in the field, and the wealth of scattered research information that is available. It provides a state of the art review and deals authoritatively with the mechanisms of AAR, its diagnosis and how to treat concrete affected by AAR. It is illustrated by numerous actual examples from around the world, and comprises specialist contributions provided by senior engineers and scientists from many parts of the world. The book is divided into two distinct but complementary parts. The first five chapters deal with the most recent findings concerning the mechanisms involved in the reaction, methods concerning its diagnosis, testing and evaluation, together with an appraisal of current methods used in its avoidance and in the remediation of affected concrete structures. The second part is divided into eleven chapters covering each region of the world in turn. These chapters have been written by experts with specialist knowledge of AAR in the countries involved and include an authoritative appraisal of the problem and its solution as it affects concrete structures in the region. Such an authoritative compilation of information on AAR has not been attempted previously on this scale and this work is therefore an essential source for practising and research civil engineers, consultant engineers and materials scientists, as well as aggregate and cement producers, designers and concrete suppliers, especially regarding projects outside their own region.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review Published On :
- Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- Alkali-Aggregate Reaction in Concrete: A World Review by Ian Sims Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Textbooks & Study Guides
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Textbooks & Study Guides, Higher Education Textbooks Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles