Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice
Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice (Paperback) Book Details:
|Book Title:||Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice|
|Author:||Frans Klijn; Timo Schweckendiek|
Buy now Frans Klijn; Timo Schweckendiek Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
Free Shipping for Online Payment on Paytm
Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India. COD Available
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 934 456 2268
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice Book Information:
nagement policy across the European Union is changing, partly in response to the EU Floods Directive and partly because of new scientific approaches and research findings. It involves a move towards comprehensive flood risk management, which requires bringing the following fields/domains closer together: the natural sciences, social sciences and arts; science, policy and practice; and engineering, spatial planning and governance. Naturally, this involves preventive fl ood risk management and flood event management, as well as learning from the past and considering future global change. Comprehensive Flood Risk Management includes about 200 contributions drawn from the 2nd European Conference on Flood Risk Management FLOODrisk2012 (Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 19-23 November 2012). This conference provided a forum for scientists, policy makers, researchers, and practitioners to discuss the practical implications of the latest research findings and to inventory which questions the research community still needs to answer. FLOODrisk2012, the successor of the 2008 conference held in Oxford, UK, was the initiative of Deltares, Delft, the Netherlands. Comprehensive Flood Risk Management includes the latest results of numerous projects issuing from the European Commissions Sixth and Seventh Framework Programmes, as well as results of many other national and international research projects from Europe and elsewhere in the world. The book features contributions from natural and social sciences, engineering and spatial planning, as well as practical experiences of policy makers and designers, and covers all aspects of fl ood risk assessment and management: hydraulic loads, reliability of defences and their monitoring, flood hazard analysis, inundation modelling, hazard and risk mapping, estimating economic damage and loss-of-life and integrated flood risk analysis, as well as flood protection, damage and exposure reduction, reducing social vulnerability, policy instruments (zoning, regulations), integrated flood risk management planning and long-term planning for global change, flood prediction and early warning, evacuation and rescue and other aspects of flood event management. Finally, the book discusses risk communication, participatory planning, governance issues, and experiences with the EU Floods Directive. Comprehensive Flood Risk Management will be of interest to a readership ranging from scientists to practitioners involved in fl ood risk management, and consisting of researchers, consultants, engineers, spatial planners, postgraduate lecturers, students, civil servants, and policy makers.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice Published On :
- Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Research for Policy and Practice by Frans Klijn; Timo Schweckendiek Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Higher Education Textbooks
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Textbooks & Study Guides, Higher Education Textbooks Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles