Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach
Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach () Book Details:
|Book Title:||Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach|
|Publication:||TAYLOR & FRANCIS EXCLUSIVE(CBS)|
Buy now SCHLOTTMANN C Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
Free Shipping for Online Payment on Paytm and PayUindia.
Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India. COD Available.
For General Enquiries E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach Book Information:
, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach examines some of the main impacts that agriculture has on humans, nonhumans, and the environment, as well as some of the main questions that these impacts raise for the ethics of food production, consumption, and activism. Agriculture is having a lasting effect on this planet. Some forms of agriculture are especially harmful. For example, industrial animal agriculture kills 100+ billion animals per year; consumes vast amounts of land, water, and energy; and produces vast amounts of waste, pollution, and greenhouse gas emissions. Other forms, such as local, organic, and plant-based food, have many benefits, but they also have many costs, especially at scale. These impacts raise difficult ethical questions. What do we owe animals, plants, species, and ecosystems? What do we owe people in other nations and future generations? What are the ethics of risk, uncertainty, and collective harm? What is the meaning and value of natural food in a world reshaped by human activity? What are the ethics of supporting harmful industries when less harmful alternatives are available? What are the ethics of resisting harmful industries through activism, advocacy, and philanthropy? The discussion ranges over cutting-edge topics such as effective altruism, abolition and regulation, revolution and reform, individual and structural change, single-issue and multi-issue activism, and legal and illegal activism. This unique and accessible text is ideal for teachers, students, and anyone else interested in serious examination of one of the most complex and important moral problems of our time.
Book Type :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach Published On :
- Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- Food, Animals, and the Environment: An Ethical Approach by SCHLOTTMANN C Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book listed for sale
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Higher Education Textbooks
As Per Edition's Page count
Textbooks & Study Guides, Higher Education Textbooks Books for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all others