- Reduced price
Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series)
Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series) Book Details:
|Book Title:||Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series)|
|Author:||Noebels J L|
|Publication:||Oxford University Press|
Buy now Noebels J L Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series) book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series) Book Information:
(Topics and chapters covered in detail below):
Overview & Summary ofJasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series) Book
H.H. Jasper, A.A. Ward, A. Pope and H.H. Merritt, chair of the Public Health Service Advisory Committee on the Epilepsies, National Institutes of Health, published the first volume on Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies (BME) in 1969. Their ultimate goal was to search for a "better understanding of the epilepsies and seek more rational methods of their prevention and treatment." Since then, basic and clinical researchers in epilepsy have gathered together every decade and a half with these goals in mind assessing where epilepsy research has been, what it has accomplished, and where it should go. In 1999, the third volume of BME was named in honor of H.H. Jasper. In line with the enormous expansion in the understanding of basic epilepsy mechanisms over the past four decades, this fourth edition of Jasper's BME is the most ambitious yet. In 90 chapters, the book considers the role of interactions between neurons, synapses, and glia in the initiation, spread and arrest of seizures. It examines mechanisms of excitability, synchronization, seizure susceptibility, and ultimately epileptogenesis. It provides a framework for expanding the epilepsy genome and understanding the complex heredity responsible for common epilepsies as it explores disease mechanisms of ion channelopathies and developmental epilepsy genes. It considers the mechanisms of conditions of epilepsy comorbidities. And, for the first time, this 4th edition describes the current efforts to translate the discoveries in epilepsy disease mechanisms into new therapeutic strategies. This book, considered the 'bible' of basic epilepsy research, is essential for the student, the clinician scientist and all research scientists who conduct laboratory-based experimental epilepsy research using cellular, brain slice and animal models, as well as for those interested in related disciplines of neuronal oscillations, network plasticity, and signaling in brain strucutres that include the cortex, hippocampus, and thalamus. In keeping with the 1969 goals, the book is now of practical importance to the clinical neurologist and epileptologist as the progress of research in molecular genetics and modern efforts to design antiepileptic drugs, cures and repairs in the epilepsies converge and impact clinical care.
Book Type :
Higher Education Textbooks
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series) Published On :
26 Jul 2012
Textbooks & Study Guides, Higher Education Textbooks Books for Students, Teachers, Graudates, Professionals and all others
- Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series) Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents,Index,Syllabus,summary and image of Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series) book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
- Jasper's Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies: 80 (Contemporary Neurology Series) by Author: Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and product description given above are true to the best. Product Description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customers feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- Customers who bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read related to this item