Selected Works of S.P. Sathe
Selected Works of S.P. Sathe (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Book Title:||Selected Works of S.P. Sathe|
|Publication:||OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS|
Buy now Sathya Narayan Selected Works of S.P. Sathe book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
Selected Works of S.P. Sathe Book Information:
s of S.P. Sathe offers a hand-picked selection of articles from the vast corpus of Professor Sathe's works, published in Indian and international law journals and books over a period of five decades. This three-volume compendium carries the legacy of this eminent jurist and widely cited Indian legal scholar to present and future generations, and will be a cornerstone of inspiration for lawyers and legal scholars for years to come. The first volume, Constitutionalism, focuses on the Indian Constitution. The essays in this volume are arranged in four thematic sections and discuss the vistas of the Indian Constitution, its provisions with regard to the right to property, the 'basic structure' principle, and human rights in the Indian context. The articles critically examine vital aspects of the Constitution ranging from an analysis of its role in constructing social justice to an exploration of the difference between Constitution and Constitutionalism. Also covered are the process of legitimation of the Indian Constitution, and the journey of the Indian judiciary from positivism to structuralism in interpreting the provisions of the Constitution. The second volume, Judicial Power and Processes, focuses on the development of public law and the judicial process in India. The essays in this volume encompass six thematic sections-federalism and centre-state relations; judicial processes; fundamental rights and the judicial process; judicial review; freedom of the press, defamation, and contempt of court; and glimpses of administrative law. The articles astutely analyse the legitimacy of the judicial process and public participation in the same, as well as redefine assumptions about judicial power and its processes. The third volume, Social Justice and Legal Transformation, focuses on mechanisms for safeguarding social justice in constitutionally secular India. The essays in this work are categorized into ten thematic sections that discuss India as a secular country; the Right to Information; gender, law, and justice; and reservations. The articles also include profiles of legal luminaries and analyses of the legal profession and social change; activist lawyering; legal aid; legal education and research; and police, prison issues, and criminal justice. The wide range of articles in this volume provides profound stimulus to the discourse on public law and social justice.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Selected Works of S.P. Sathe Published On :
- Selected Works of S.P. Sathe Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of Selected Works of S.P. Sathe book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- Selected Works of S.P. Sathe by Sathya Narayan Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Higher Education Textbooks, Science Mathematics Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles