The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series)
The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series) (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Book Title:||The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series)|
|Author:||Nick Hubble; John McLeod|
Buy now Nick Hubble; John McLeod The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series) book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series) Book Information:
l, cultural and political events in Britain during the 1970s shape Contemporary British Fiction? Exploring the impact of events like the Cold War, miners' strikes and Winter of Discontent, this volume charts the transition of British fiction from post-war to contemporary. Chapters outline the decade's diversity of writing, showing how the literature of Ian McEwan and Ian Sinclair interacted with the experimental work of B.S. Johnson. Close contextual readings of Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish and English novels map the steady break-up of Britain. Tying the popularity of Angela Carter and Fay Weldon to the growth of the Women's Liberation Movement and calling attention to a new interest in documentary modes of autobiographical writing, this volume also examines the rising resonance of the marginal voices: the world of 1970s British Feminist fiction and postcolonial and diasporic writers. Against a backdrop of social tensions, this major critical reassessment of the 1970s defines, explores and better understands the criticism and fiction of a decade marked by the sense of endings.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series) Published On :
- The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series) Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series) book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- The 1970s: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series) by Nick Hubble; John McLeod Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Higher Education Textbooks
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Textbooks & Study Guides, Higher Education Textbooks Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles