A Border Station
A Border Station (Paperback) Book Details:
|A Border Station
|Random House Uk
Buy now Connaughton, Shane A Border Station book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
A Border Station Book Information:
writer with immense confidence and vitality. He has an extraordinary feeling for place and landscape. Jennifer JohnstonThis is experience finely and skilfully distilled Irish TimesWell-written and engrossing Sunday IndependentThese inter-connected stories are faultless in their execution and a delight to read Sunday PressWritten with great sympathy and truth Irish IndependentBeautifully wrought Daily TelegraphThere is cold comfort to be had when youre a young boy stuck in the middle of nowhere. The son of the local sergeant in an isolated Garda station on the border between Cavan and Fermanagh, his days are balanced between the brooding, taciturn presence of his father, whom he loves and fears in equal measure, and the reassurance of his quiet, gentle mother. His world is narrowed to bitter country lanes and petty disputes, filled with the characters he encounters tinkers, publicans, farmers, and the tantalising older sister of his Protestant friend.Amidst the drumlins and bogs, the boys imagination roams free and unfettered. And at night, lulled by the rhythm of his mothers fleecy warm breathing, the boy finds solace. But now even that is threatened. Change is coming. Its time to grow up.Written as a collection of linked stories, Shane Connaughtons debut novel A Border Station was widely praised on its first publication in 1989. It was shortlisted for the GPA Book Award.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
A Border Station Published On :
- A Border Station Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of A Border Station book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- A Border Station by Connaughton, Shane Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Literature Fiction, Contemporary Fiction Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles