A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series)
A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series) (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Book Title:||A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series)|
Buy now Bill Maurer A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series) book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
Free Shipping for Online Payment on Paytm
Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India. COD Available
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 934 456 2268
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series) Book Information:
atter of functions four: a medium, a measure, a standard, a store. But money is always a medium of communication too, whether about price or about political conviction and authority, fealty, desire, or disdain. In a work that spans 4,500 years, 54 experts chart across six volumes how money has made "the world go round" and capture money's complexities in both substance and form. Individual volume editors ensure the cohesion of the whole and, to make it as easy as possible to use, chapter titles are identical across each of the volumes. This gives the choice of reading about a specific period in one of the volumes, or following a theme across history by reading the relevant chapter in each of the six. The six volumes cover: 1 - Antiquity (2500 BCE-500 CE); 2 - Medieval Age (500-1400); 3 - Renaissance (1400-1680); 4 - Age of Enlightenment (1680-1820); 5 - Age of Empire (1820-1920); 6 - Modern Age (1920-present). Themes (and chapter titles) are: Money and its Technologies; Money and its Ideas; Money, Ritual, and Religion; Money and the Everyday; Money, Art, and Representation; Money and its Interpretation; Money and the Issues of the Age The total extent of the pack is approximately 1,680 pages. Each volume opens with a Series Preface, an Introduction, and Notes on Contributors and concludes with Notes, Bibliography, and an Index. The Cultural Histories Series A Cultural History of Money is part of the Cultural Histories Series. Titles are available both as printed hardcover sets for libraries needing just one subject or preferring a one-off purchase and tangible reference for their shelves, or as part of a fully searchable digital library available to institutions by annual subscription or on perpetual access (see www.bloomsburyculturalhistory.com).
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series) Published On :
- A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series) Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series) book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- A Cultural History of Money (The Cultural Histories Series) by Bill Maurer Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Business & Economics, Economics Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles