A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series)
A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series) (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Book Title:||A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series)|
|Author:||Deborah Simonton and Anne Montenach|
Buy now Deborah Simonton and Anne Montenach A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series) book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
Free Shipping for Online Payment on Paytm
Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India. COD Available
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 934 456 2268
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series) Book Information:
2020 PROSE Award for Multivolume Reference/Humanities How has our relationship with work changed for different cultures over the centuries? What effect has it had on politics, art and religion? In a work that spans 2,500 years these ambitious questions are addressed by 63 experts, each contributing their overview of a theme applied to a period in history. With the help of a broad range of case material they illustrate broad trends and nuances of the culture of work in Western culture from antiquity to the present. Individual volume editors ensure the cohesion of the whole, and to make it as easy as possible to use, chapter titles are identical across each of the volumes. This gives the choice of reading about a specific period in one of the volumes, or following a theme across history by reading the relevant chapter in each of the six. The six volumes cover: 1 Antiquity (500 BCE to 800 CE); 2 Medieval Age (800 to 1450); 3 Early Modern Age (1450 to 1650); 4 Age of Enlightenment (1650 to 1800); 5 Age of Empire (1800 to 1920); 6 Modern Age (1920 to the present). Themes (and chapter titles) are: The Economy of Work; Picturing Work; Work and Workplaces; Workplace Cultures; Work, Skill and Technology; Work and Mobility; The Political Culture of Work; and Work and Leisure. The page extent for the pack is approximately 1,400 pages. Each volume opens with Notes on Contributors and an Introduction, and concludes with Notes, Bibliography, and an Index. The Cultural Histories Series A Cultural History of Work is part of The Cultural Histories Series. Titles are available both as printed hardcover sets for libraries needing just one subject or preferring a one-off purchase and tangible reference for their shelves, or as part of a fully-searchable digital library available to institutions by annual subscription or on perpetual access (see www.bloomsburyculturalhistory.com).
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series) Published On :
- A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series) Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series) book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- A Cultural History of Work (The Cultural Histories Series) by Deborah Simonton and Anne Montenach Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Higher Education Textbooks
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Textbooks & Study Guides, Higher Education Textbooks Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles