- Reduced price
A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom
A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom (Paperback) Book Details:
|Book Title:||A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom|
|Author:||Brittany K. Barnett|
Buy now Brittany K. Barnett A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
Free Shipping for Online Payment on Paytm
Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India. COD Available
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom Book Information:
ting (The Washington Post)call to free those buried alive by Americas legal system, and an inspiring true story about unwavering belief in humanityfrom a gifted young lawyer and important new voice in the movement to transform the system.An essential book for our time . . .Brittany K. Barnett is a star.Van Jones,CEO of REFORM Alliance,CNN Host, andNew York Times bestselling authorBrittany K. Barnett was only a law student when she came across the case that would change her life foreverthat of Sharanda Jones, single mother, business owner, and, like Brittany, Black daughter of the rural South. A victim of Americas devastating war on drugs, Sharanda had been torn away from her young daughter and was serving a life sentence without parolefor a first-time drug offense. In Sharanda, Brittany saw haunting echoes of her own life, asthe daughter of a formerly incarcerated mother.As she studied this case, a system came into focusin whichwidespread racial injustice forms the core of Americas addiction to incarceration. Moved by Sharandas plight, Brittany set to work to gain her freedom.This had never been the plan. Bright and ambitious, Brittany was a successful accountant on her way to a high-powered future in corporate law. But Sharandas case opened the door to a harrowing journey through the criminal justice system. By day she moved billion-dollar deals, and by night she worked pro bono to free clients in near hopeless legal battles. Ultimately, her path transformed her understanding of injustice in the courts, of genius languishing behind bars, and the very definition of freedom itself.Brittanys riveting memoir is at once a coming-of-age story and a powerful evocation of what it takes to bring hope and justice to a system built to resist them both.NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BYKIRKUS REVIEWS
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom Published On :
- A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom by Brittany K. Barnett Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
The Genre may be either fiction or non-fiction
Page count varies for each edition/reprint
3 August 2021
Higher Education Textbooks Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles