Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere
Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Book Title:||Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere|
Buy now Subraha Bagchi Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
Free Shipping for Online Payment on Paytm and PayUindia.
Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India. COD Available.
For General Enquiries E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere Book Information:
ivate World explores the status of Indian women, through the ages, in the framework of the private-public dichotomy, as reflected in their lives. Keeping in mind the Habermasian concept of public sphere as a reference point, yet mindful of the incongruity between the Eurocentric ideas and the Indian reality this collection of essays appraises the position of Indian women in the pre-modern period with reference to tradition. It also provides glimpses of the various social movements and struggles to overcome patriarchy as well as the nationalist/democratic movements in colonial and post-colonial India that filtered into the private sphere and transformed it.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere Published On :
- Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- Beyond the Private World: Indian Women in the Public Sphere by Subraha Bagchi Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Higher Education Textbooks
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Textbooks & Study Guides, Higher Education Textbooks Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles