Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying
Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Book Title:||Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying|
Buy now Anna Verschik Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying Book Information:
cinating new study examining how contact-induced change can alter a previously monolingual society to create one that is increasingly bilingual.Anna Verschik offers a new perspective on how a previously monolingual community of Russian-speakers in Estonia is rapidly becoming bilingual after the end of the Soviet occupation in 1991.The contact-induced change in Russian under the growing impact of Estonian is analysed in the theoretical framework of code-copying. Changes in linguistic behaviour of the speakers are often a result of intentional cultivation of non-monolingual communication strategies and language policies, and go hand in hand with the development of a new identity, 'Estonian Russians'."Emerging Bilingual Speech" is a fascinating study that will be of interest to researchers studying language contact, language change and bilingualism.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying Published On :
- Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- Emerging Bilingual Speech: From Monolingualism to Code-Copying by Anna Verschik Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Language, Linguistics & Writing
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Language, Linguistics & Writing, Linguistics Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles