Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions
Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions
Buy now Meifeng Cai Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions Book Information:
s: Achievements and Ambitions contains the papers accepted for the 2nd ISRM International Young Scholars Symposium on Rock Mechanics, which was sponsored by the ISRM and held on 1416 October 2011 in Beijing, China, immediately preceding the 12th ISRM Congress on Rock Mechanics. Highlighting the work of young teachers, researchers and practitioners, the present work provides an important stimulus for the next generation of rock engineers, because in the future there will be more emphasis on the use of the Earths resources and their sustainability, and more accountability of engineers decisions. In this context, it is entirely appropriate that the Symposium venue for the young scholars was in China because of the rock mechanics related work that is anticipated in the future. For example, in the Chinese Academy of Sciences report, Energy Science and Technology in China: A Roadmap to 2050, it is predicted that Chinas total energy demand will reach 31, 45, 61 and 66 x 108 tce (tonnes of coal equivalent) in 2010, 2020, 2035, 2050. The associated per capita energy consumption for the same years is estimated at 2.3, 3.1, 4.1 and 4.6 tce. This increasing demand will be met, inter alia, by the continued operation and development of new coal mines, hydroelectric plants and nuclear power stations with one or more underground nuclear waste repositories, all of which will be improved by more modern methods of rock engineering design developed by young scholars. In particular, enhanced methods of site investigation, rock characterisation, rock failure understanding, computer modelling, and rock excavation and support are needed. The topics in the book include contributions on: - Field investigation and observation - Rock constitutive relations and property testing - Numerical and physical modeling for rock engineering - Information technology, artificial intelligence and other advanced techniques - Underground and surface excavation and reinforcement techniques - Dynamic rock mechanics and blasting - Predication and prevention of geo-environmental hazard - Case studies of typical rock engineering Many of the 200 papers address these topics and demonstrate the skills of the young scholars, indicating that we can be confident in the continuing development of rock mechanics and rock engineering, leading to more efficient, safer and economical structures built on and in rock masses. Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions will appeal to professionals, engineers and academics in rock mechanics, rock engineering, tunnelling, mining, earthquake engineering, rock dynamics and geotechnical engineering.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions Published On :
- Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- Rock Mechanics: Achievements and Ambitions by Meifeng Cai Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Higher Education Textbooks
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Textbooks & Study Guides, Higher Education Textbooks Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles