A Textbook of Strength of Materials 6th Edition
|A Textbook of Strength of Materials
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
Overview of A Textbook of Strength of Materials Book
This edition has been thoroughly revised and made up-to-date. A large number of numerical problems from different B.E. degree examinations have been added with solution at proper places. At the end of each chapter, highlights, theoretical questions and many unsolved numerical problems with answers have been given for the students to practice them. Three advanced topics--stresses due to rotation in thin and thick cylinders, bending of curved bars and theories of failures of the materials have also been added. These chapters have been written in such a simple and easy-to-follow language that even an average student can understand them easily by self-study. A large number of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions, asked in the most of the competitive examinations, have been incorporated in this edition with answers and explanations to make this edition more useful for competitive examinations.
About Author :
Dr. R. K. Bansal : He was graduated in 1966. He obtained his Master's Degree in 1975 with 'HONOURS' from I.I.T., Delhi and Ph.D. in 1981 from University of Delhi. He joined Delhi College of Engineering as a Lecturer and became Assistant Professor in 1984. He was selected for the post of Professor in 1995. He also held the posts of Head of Mech. Engineering (Faculty of Technology, University of Delhi), Dean (P.G.) Studies and Dean (U.G.) Studies, Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi. During his teaching career of about thirty five years, he guided a large number of research students and got published many papers. Dr. Bansal is the author of many books, which are followed as textbooks.
Book Type :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
Table of Contents :
Chapter 1. Simple Stresses and Strains
Chapter 2. Elastic Constants
Chapter 3. Principal Stresses and Strains
Chapter 4. Strain Energy and Impact Loading
Chapter 5. Centre of Gravity and Moment of Inertia
Chapter 6. Shear Force and Bending Moment
Chapter 7. Bending Stresses in Beams
Chapter 8. Shear Stresses in Beams
Chapter 9. Direct and Bending Stresses
Chapter 10. Dams and Retaining Walls
Chapter 11. Analysis of Perfect Frames
Chapter 12. Deflection of Beams
Chapter 13. Deflection of Cantilevers
Chapter 14. Conjugate Beam Method, Propped Cantilevers and Beams
Chapter 15. Fixed and Continuous Beams
Chapter 16. Torsion of Shafts and Springs
Chapter 17. Thin Cylinders and Spheres
Chapter 18. Thick Cylinders and Spheres
Chapter 19. Columns and Struts
Chapter 20. Riveted Joints
Chapter 21. Welded Joints
Chapter 22. Rotating Discs and Cylinders
Chapter 23. Bending of Curved Bars
Chapter 24. Theories of Failure
Chapter 25. Unsymmetrical Bending and Shear Centre
Chapter 26. Objective Type Questions Subject Index
- Strength of Materials by 6th Edition R.K. Bansal Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents,Index,Syllabus,summary and image of Strength of Materials by 6th Edition R.K. Bansal book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
- Strength of Materials by 6th Edition R.K. Bansal Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and product description given above are true to the best. Product Description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customers feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- Customers who bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book listed for sale
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions of the website