The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present
The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present (Hardcover) Book Details:
|Book Title:||The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present|
Buy now Judith Roof The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
Free Shipping for Online Payment on Paytm
Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India. COD Available
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present Book Information:
nt approaches comedy as dynamic phenomenon that involves the gathering of elements of performance, signifiers, timings, tones, gestures, previous comic bits, and other self-conscious structures into an event that triggers, by virtue of a cut, an expected/unexpected resolution. Using examples from mainstream comedy, The Comic Event progresses from the smallest comic momentjokes, bitsto the more complexcaricatures, sketches, sit-coms, parody films, and stand-up routines. Judith Roof builds on side comments from Henri Bergsons short treatise Laughter, Sigmund Freuds Jokes and Their Relation to the Unconscious, and various observations from Aristotle to establish comedy as a complex, multifaceted practice. In seeing comedy as a gathering event that resolves with a cut, Roof characterizes comedy not only by a predictable unpredictability occasioned by a sudden expected/unexpected insight, but also by repetition, seriality, self-consciousness, self-referentiality, and an ourobouric return to a previous cut. This theory of comedy offers a way to understand the operation of a broad array of distinct comic occasions and aspects of performance in multiple contexts.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present Published On :
- The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- The Comic Event: Comedic Performance from the 1950s to the Present by Judith Roof Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
Page count varies on each edition/reprint
Higher Education Textbooks, Humanities Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles