- Reduced price
What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing (Paperback) Book Details:
|What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
|Oprah Winfrey and Dr Bruce Perry
|Pan Macmillan UK
Buy now Oprah Winfrey and Dr Bruce Perry What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing book from madrasshoppe.com and get it delivered to all pincodes in India.
COD Available. Delivery Time 4 - 7 Working Days in India.
For General Enquiries WhatsApp 7200833323 (Chat Support)
Trusted by over 100K+ customers
What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing Book Information:
impact of trauma and adverse experiences and how healing must begin with a shift to asking 'What happened to you?' rather than 'Whats wrong with you?'.Through wide-ranging and often deeply personal conversation, Oprah Winfrey and Dr Perry explore how what happens to us in early childhood both good and bad - influences the people we become. They challenge us to shift from focusing on 'Whats wrong with you?' or 'Why are you behaving that way?' to asking 'What happened to you?'. This simple change in perspective can open up a new and hopeful understanding for millions about why we do the things we do, why we are the way we are, providing a road map for repairing relationships, overcoming what seems insurmountable, and ultimately living better and more fulfilling lives.Many of us experience adversity and trauma during childhood that has lasting impact on our physical and emotional health. And as were beginning to understand, we are more sensitive to developmental trauma as children than we are as adults. What happened to us in childhood is a powerful predictor of our risk for physical and mental health problems down the road, and offers scientific insights into the patterns of behaviours so many struggle to understand.A survivor of multiple childhood challenges herself, Oprah Winfrey shares portions of her own harrowing experiences because she understands the vulnerability that comes from facing trauma at a young age. Throughout her career, Oprah has teamed up with Dr Bruce Perry, one of the worlds leading experts on childhood trauma. He has treated thousands of children, youth, and adults and has been called on for decades to support individuals and communities following high-profile traumatic events. Now, Oprah joins forces with Dr Perry to marry the power of storytelling with the science and clinical experience to better understand and overcome the effects of trauma.Grounded in the latest brain science and brought to life through compelling narratives, this book shines a light on a much-needed path to recovery showing us our incredible capacity to transform after adversity.
Book Type/Genre :
Book Binding :
Number of Pages :
ISBN - 10 :
What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing Published On :
- What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing Book is not for reading online or for free download in PDF or eBook format.
- Table of Contents, Index, Syllabus, summary and image of What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing book may be of a different edition or of the same title.
- The Price of this product may change due to the reprinting of the book or by the publisher. For imported books, the price may change frequently due to exchange rates.
- What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey and Dr Bruce Perry Book reviews and ratings are trustworthy and the product description given above is true to the best. The product description posted here by sellers would be updated based on the Customer's feedback, if the details are not accurate.
- The customers who have bought this product can write your best reviews and suggest the product if the item's price is low which would be helpful for the buyers interested to purchase. Read Best & Top Books related to this item
- The above Bibliographic information is specific to this book which is being listed for sale. Any Colophons printed at the end of the book is owned by book author and publisher
- Special offers, deals & discounts on this product are subject to the terms and conditions owned by the website
The Genre may be either fiction or non-fiction
Page count varies for each edition/reprint
28 April 2022
Health, Family & Personal Development, Self Book is recommended for Students, Teachers, Graduates, Professionals, and all bibliophiles